Post #40


Sticking with the YQM theme for this round of pics... this is Chris Goguen, the guy who produced our CD.  I think we were the first project he actually produced.  It was a learning curve for all of us.  Namely because I didn't get to record with a click track to keep time, so it was kind of off in places on the CD, and I'll take the blame for that.  In retrospect, I wish we could've recorded the whole thing live instead of sectionally.
This guy made us sound pretty good, though, at least better than if we did it ourselves.  He's a pretty friendly guy who was ambitious with recording.  I can only imagine how our recordings would have sounded had he worked with us a little later in his producing career, but he did a fine job as it was.
I remember Chris used to say 'Mike, you should learn guitar, you've got the basic idea!'  I did, after all, write a few riffs on guitar, but I'd come up with them and get Pete to flesh them out fully.  So I could write that way.  I've got a lot of stuff that didn't get hashed out, actually.  Same with Pete.  There's one song I wrote about my wife and daughter that I'm pretty passionate about that we never did get to.
Maybe one day we'll see if we can con Chris into working with us again, if he still does this.  I haven't heard from him since back in those days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #4

Post #30

Post #44