Post #43



Isn't she lovely?

That's dear Mom, with a probably-too-close picture (maybe it was a selfie??), and another of her working her crafts.

Everybody in the 80s had to have had these aluminum TV tables at one time or another.  And in true 80s fashion, it's loaded with colors and flowers and stuff.  We all had many a dinner and snacks with the aid of those tables, and even did our homework or whatever.  Mom's here taking advantage of one doing what appears to be some kind of crochet project.  She was always doing something.  Any kind of art talent I had in me I think has to come from Mom, and now is passed on to Alexandra.  My artwork was a joke compared to my kid's!  But that's how all parents want it to be, right?  For our kids to succeed ourselves.  I'm pretty proud of the stuff Lex comes up with.

You can see that Mom's wearing her wedding ring, long after Dad died.  Despite all of their troubles, she was faithful and loyal right to the end, and even beyond.  I don't know how I'd have felt if Mom had gotten together with another man.  It's not my place to make that kind of decision, or anyone else's for that matter.  But she chose not to be with anyone else.  

You just don't see that kind of loyalty around very much anymore.  Part of the "Greatest Generation".



*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #4

Post #44

Post #41