Post #41


This is me playing that black drumkit that I mentioned before that I bought off of Mr. X.  
I think this kit had 8 drums to it, pretty big for me.  If I could afford 20 drums I'd get them!  But that's pretty unrealistic.
The Peavey SP2's are lurking in the picture, which tells me I was singing backups with this practice session.  You can see a mic off to my side if you look close enough.  I would have to pull it towards me and away during mid-song to keep it out of the way.  Singing and playing came with practice.  I didn't find it to be very difficult.
Thank God for those milk crates!  Or everything would be on the floor and harder to hear.  Not that we didn't play loud.  We played LOUD.  Probably likely because I laid the hammer down on those drums.
I would suspect that this was an Asylum practice as we rehearsed for a gig at the Village Pub in Riverview back in those days.  Either that or the University Club Kacho, which was PACKED.  The cool thing about that University Club gig was that we were the first band on, and the place was loaded with close to 300 paying patrons.  They showed up early to see us!
I remember, friend and family wise, it was only my girlfriend at the time Michelle and my ex Kim that was there to see us on my behalf.  Although the other bands there praised us for how we played.  The crowd was great, too.  Wayne was able to rile them up, even pointing the finger at a couple of hecklers in the crowd that only wanted to hear Slayer.  We were happy to piss them off!  Especially Wayne.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #4

Post #30

Post #44