Post #4

 


Here we have a picture of two of the most important people to walk into my life.
On the left, we have Tim Berg.... Just kidding.... Tim Churchill.
On the right is Janice Hansen.... later to become my wife, aka Janice Cook.
Not entirely sure of the locale this was taken, but I'll venture to say that it was likely at our old abode on Satinwood Drive here in Moncton.  Likely Tim's other half at the time, Kelly, was with us at that point off camera.
We're all big fans of a band called The Pursuit Of Happiness, and Tim's hair is actually not as plentiful as it might appear here as he's borrowing Janice's.  The bunch of us were always up for a fun time and this was no different.  The timeline would put this shot around the late 90s, as Janice is wearing a borrowed or hand-me-down sweater of another good friend Lucy, who used to work with me at BJ's Sub Shop, at which I was the driver for.  That logo for BJ's was actually designed by me per my boss's Donnie Goguen's specs.  I was tremendously grateful for him to have the confidence in me to do that.
TPOH has some lineage with that crop of friends in the day.  We used to all gather and go see the band play at whichever club they were performing in for their cross-Canada tour in any given year, and that band never failed to blow us away.  We even met and talked with them several times.
In fact, Tim, just a few short years ago, bought Janice and me plane tickets to go to see a reunion of TPOH at the Danforth in Toronto on a very cold January night, with his wife Marley.  I remember him giving us those plane tickets to go for Christmas that year and I was just kind of re-zoned in the moment.  And what a show that was.  He brought us to the Hockey Hall of Fame while we were there, too, and we all took in the sights of the CN Tower, which never gets old.  Especially with company like that.
Times have changed through the years, but none of those friendships have, except for maybe getting stronger.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post #30

Post #44